White restorations are also known as composite restorations. They are an excellent way to restore worn and broken teeth. They are designed to match the colour of your teeth.
How are they done:
- the decayed portion of the tooth is removed or the fractured area is prepared
- the area is "etched" - a mild acid solution is used to roughen the bonding surface
- an adhesive or "glue" is applied
- the tooth coloured composite is placed and cured/hardened with a special light
- your bite is checked if necessary and the restoration is polished
Composite restorations are natural looking, durable and a beautiful alternative to metal "silver" fillings.
Call us today for a consultation to see if you'd be interested in white restorations (519) 974-6120.